http://www.cluelass.com/

Monday, November 14, 2005

Mike Wallace BE SERIOUS

Senator Jay Rockefeller has been dipping into the Demo Kool Aid it seems. Echoes of Kerry resonate. He was for the war before he was against it as well. With stark evidence provided by Mike Wallace of Fox News concerning Rockefellers statements prior to the Iraq invasion (showing the tape is devastating), Senator Rockefeller, one of the ranking Senators on the Intelligence Committee did not sound that intelligent as he did his best to avoid the “responsibility” of voting for the war in Iraq.

Senator Roberts, the co-chairman of same committee, sitting next to him said he believed that the Intelligence Briefings the President received would have has even less controversial or conflicting messages than the ones the committe recieved. But there was Senator Rockefeller telling the world from the Senate floor that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction and would have them soon in the form of Nuclear capabilities. Revisionism........or just I need to sound like the rest of Howard Dean's talking points in 2005?

So if the reporst the Senator got had much more conflicting information than what the President got…………….who is the bonehead for making this argument now. Who pressured Senator Rockefeller. Seriously .......................Mike Wallace wasn't drinking any of this Kool Aid.(After showing the clip of Rocekefeller saying the Iraqis had weapons of mass destruction)

WALLACE: Now, by that point, Senator, you had read the National Intelligence Estimate, correct?

ROCKEFELLER: In fact, there were only six people in the Senate who did, and I was one of them. I'm sure Pat was another.

WALLACE: OK. But you had read that, and now we've read a declassified...

ROCKEFELLER: But, Chris, let's...

WALLACE: Can I just ask my question, sir?

ROCKEFELLER: Yes.

WALLACE: And then you can answer as you choose. That report indicated there was a disagreement among analysts about the nuclear program. The State Department had a lot more doubts than the CIA did about whether he was pursuing the nuclear program. You never mentioned those doubts. You came to the same conclusion the president did.

ROCKEFELLER: Because that — first of all, that National Intelligence Estimate was not called for by the administration. It was called for by former Senator Bob Graham, who was chairman of the Intelligence Committee, and Dick Durbin.We didn't receive it until just a couple of days before we voted. Then we had to go read it and compare it to everything else that we thought we'd learned about intelligence, and I did make that statement. And I did make that vote.But, Chris, the important thing is that when I started looking at the weapons of mass destruction intelligence along with Pat Roberts, I went down to the floor, and I said I made a mistake. I would have never voted yes if I knew what I know today.

WALLACE: Well, but a lot of people are not — that's not the point of the investigation, Senator.

ROCKEFELLER: Chris, it is always the same conversation. You know, it was not the Congress that sent 135,000 or 150,000 troops to...

WALLACE: But you voted, sir, and aren't you responsible for your vote?ROCKEFELLER: No. I'm...WALLACE: You're not?

ROCKEFELLER: No. I'm responsible for my vote, but I'd appreciate it if you'd get serious about this subject, with all due respect. We authorized him to continue working with the United Nations, and then if that failed, authorized him to use force to enforce the sanctions.We did not send 150,000 troops or 135,000 troops. It was his decision made probably two days after 9/11 that he was going to invade Iraq. That we did not have a part of. And yes, we had bad intelligence, and when we learned about it, I went down to the floor and I said I would have never voted for this thing.

WALLACE: But my only point, sir — and I am trying to be serious about it — is as I understand phase two, the question is based on the intelligence you had, what were the statements you made.You had the National Intelligence Estimate which expressed doubts about Saddam's nuclear program, yet you said he had a nuclear program. The president did the same thing.


I think the cat is out of the bag here. If anyone in the Senate coulda, woulda, shoulda it mighta been Jay Rockefeller but he felt the same way as the President.

It is time to quit messing and trying to cover his proverbial. You got it wrong too Senator. The whole world thought there were nucs in Bagdad. So better safe than sorry. If there had been and the President had not been brave and MADE A DECISION you and your group would have been first in line to have a congressional inquiry on why we did not stop Saddam before he dropped a bomb on Tel Aviv or did some other dastardly deed, imagine that scenario being played out in Congress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home